1. What will you do to prepare my apartment before I move in? Maintenance work, shampoo carpets, clean, and paint as needed.
2. Do I have to be present for a service technician to perform work? No, you do not have to be present for work to be completed. You will always give us permission to enter.
3. Do you have on-site maintenance? Yes, we have on-site maintenance and after-hours emergency On-Call Maintenance.
4. An item in my unit needs repair. How do I get help? Call, stop by the office, email, or put in a service request through the online Resident Portal.
5. What happens if I am locked out? During business hours come to the Leasing Office and present your ID to borrow a key. After hours call the emergency On-Call Maintenance. A $35.00 lock-out fee will be charged for after-hours lock-out response.
1. Is parking available? Yes, there is open parking as well as rented covered parking.
2. What amenities does the property offer? Laundry Room, Community Courtyard with Outdoor Grill, Playground, Dog Exercise Area
3. Is your community pet friendly? Yes! Exotic animals are prohibited; contact the Leasing Office for further details.
4. What appliances are standard? Refrigerator, Range, Dishwasher.
1. How long does it take for an application to be approved? Once all information needed to process the application has been received, final processing generally takes about 48 hours.
2. What are my options for paying my rent? One personal check for full amount of rent, money orders, or Cashier's Check. You can also pay online through the Resident Portal with a checking or savings account at no additional charge. A Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card may be used online only with a convenience fee charge.
3. Am I required to purchase renter's insurance? Yes, Renter's Insurance is required at move-in and must be in force throughout the term of your residency. Minimum $100,000.00 liability, you choose your amount for personal property coverage, and Community is named as an Interested Party or Certificate Holder.
4. What is a renters’ insurance policy? It is a policy that protects your belongings in case of damage. Each policy holds for different types of damage, water, fire etc. You will want to research to see what is best for you. We have a good one available, just ask in the office for more information.
5. Which provider can I use for Internet and cable? Cable One for cable, and Century Link for internet.
6. If my situation changes can I get out of my lease? Although you are ultimately responsible for the obligations in your specific lease, there may be a few options where we can help you. Please consult the Leasing Consultant or property supervisor to go over your options.
7. How do I set up my utilities? Call each utility company directly to set up your accounts. Consult the Leasing Office for which utilities apply.
8. Which utilities are included in my rent? Residents are responsible for all utilities. Water/sewer/trash charges will be billed monthly by the property or provider in addition to the monthly rent.
1. Is there public transportation within close proximity of the buildings? Yes, the city bus line has a stop within a block of the community. The CAT (Cottonwood Area Transit) Transfer Center is located at the Cottonwood Library. http://cottonwoodaz.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/1183
2. Which school district are you in? Cottonwood Oak Creek and Mingus Union High School.
3. Where do residents shop? Safeway, Fry's, and Wal-Mart are all within easy driving distance from the community.
1. How do I get to your communtiy? Go North on South Main Street, turn left (West) onto Hwy 89A. Go approximately 3/4 of a mile to 6th Street, turn right (North) and continue 1/2 mile to our community on the left.
FOR FUTURE RESIDENTS
1. How can I apply for an apartment? Applications are completed online through our community website. Application, payment of a $300.00 holding deposit, all non-refundable application fees, and a signed and dated Reservation Form are needed in order to reserve your apartment.
2. What do you look for in the application? Employment, Income, Rental History, Credit, and Criminal background information are a part of our screening process.
3. Is there any specific advice you can give to a first-time renter? There are many tips we can go over with you about living close to others and how to make it a great experience. Do your homework, be sure you can afford the size you are choosing and that you like the area you will be moving to.
4. Do I have to make an appointment or do you accept walk-ins? Appointments are preferred, and we are happy to accept walk-ins.
5. Does this community offer a bonus if I was referred by one of my friends? We do offer a Resident Referral program. Consult the Leasing Office for further details.
6. How accessible is the management at the local office? Onsite management is available during office hours and by appointment, Monday through Friday. Contact the Leasing Office at (928) 649-9023 or (928) 639-0068 to schedule an appointment.
7. Where specifically in the apartment community is the apartment located? The Community Leasing Office will provide you with a map indicating the exact location of the available apartments.
8. What’s the noise level like? Quiet hours are from 10:00pm to 7:00am.
9. Where are the washer and dryer/hookups? There is a laundry facility on-site and the hook ups are located in a hallway closet.
10. Am I allowed to decorate the apartment without penalty? Yes, you are welcome to make your apartment your home. We do ask if you wish to hang anything heavy (shelving, mirror, etc) that you request maintenance assistance to be sure it is secure.
11. What are the policies about guests and listing on Airbnb? Guests are allowed up to a 7 day stay. We do not allow any subleasing or assignment of a lease.
12. Which roommates will be held responsible if we don’t make rent? All roommates are held responsible for any portion of unpaid rent.
13. What happens when there’s a maintenance problem in the apartment? Contact the Leasing Office or put in a service request through the online Resident Portal. If it is an after-hours emergency, call the On-Call Maintenance.
14. How much will I pay in up-front costs when I sign the lease? When you reserve your apartment you will be provided with a Reservation Form that breaks down the overall cost for move-in including all required deposits and fees.